Saturday, October 29, 2005

10/29/2005 - Everybody's Gotta Learn Sometime

Song: Everybody's Gotta Learn Sometime
Artist: Beck
Why this song is the current jam: Amazing lyrics, beautiful, sad melody. I love this song. This version I first heard on the Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind soundtrack (the score of which was done by Jon Brion, one talented M-F'er in the musical arena). The song is originally done by the Korgis in the 80’s and their version is nice too, but I have to say that I prefer the warm, intimate feeling that Beck creates on this track. I never really knew about his more folky stuff until I found his album Sea Change (which is amazing) and man, he can really create a mood. This one is haunting and sad and touching, but without being too heavy and the words kinda look forward to more positive things. Christ I am starting to sound like Greil Marcus so I am going to shut up pronto. Good song.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home