Tuesday, November 01, 2005

11/1/2005 - Dropout

Song: Dropout
Artist: Urge Overkill
Why this song is the current jam: This song will always remind me of a certain time in my life. No, not when I dropped out, smart-ass. It was when I dated this one girl for a while. She was nice I guess, but she was kinda sad all the time. This song makes me think of someone who is sad all the time. This is also yet another song that I would put into the genre of white person music, and again, as you will no doubt eventually note, so many of my favs from this broad and sweepingly general genre are of the somewhat "funky" variety, aka songs with a beat. I like the mix on this track too, how it contrasts the fake-sounding drums and melancholy, disaffected vocals. Why are sad songs good? I think this question will come up more than once as I continue to post. If there are any insightful answers out there, feel free to share, for now, hope you like.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home