Thursday, March 09, 2006

3/9/2006 - Even If It Is So

Song: Even If It Is So
Artist: Q-Tip
Why this song is the current jam: This song is from Q-Tip's as-yet-unreleased album, Kamaal the Abstract from 2000. I can't figure out exactly why this hasn't been released, but I guess the record company probably thinks it wont sell well. For me personally, I just love that someone is trying (or tried in 2000) to do something different and to grow as an artist(e). This song has a nice groove and his little raps about the girl he is into are poignant. Once again I am including a bonus here, the track Do You Dig You from the same album. This has just the tightest beat, and he kinda sinks into the background letting a long instrumental jammy thing go on. It is cool, but I have to admit, that he had me at hello on this beat, I love the way it starts out.

Check out what I found! You can listen to the whole unreleased album online at this dude's blog! Check it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home