Friday, March 03, 2006

3/3/2006 - Kiss Off

Song: Kiss Off
Artist: Violent Femmes
Why this song is the current jam: Dorks unite! This song is for all of the angst I felt when I was too afraid to just be normal when I was younger. It reminds me how much of our youths are spent in fear and pain, even people with pretty sweet childhoods like mine own. I love the way the lyrics and the music mesh to create the same completely addled, jittery feeling, and I love how the song builds only to drop off into a detatched I-dont-really-care vibe on the refrain. This song makes me think of all the times when I felt out and not in. I never really had this music to connect to when I was that painful, embarassing, adolescent age. I really wonder if I would have turned out differently had I heard this stuff back then. But, I missed the boat, and only caught it a few years ago. But I can remember clearly the feeling, and however you may think of me personally, I can assure you that there is a part of me that can relate 100% to the feelings expressed with such a beautiful angst-ridden ambivalence in this song

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, that takes me back to my high school days..Violent Femmes, Blur, the Pixies. I've got the cds collecting dust somewhere. I had a listen to KissOff and the whole damn album came back in my head. Yeah this song totally nails my years in high school..lots of insecurity, wanting to rebel but fearing the consequences, trying to find something real to give a shit about.

Thanks for your music blog, it's a great way to come across stuff that i normally wouldn't go listen to like that De La Soul song, that's some good shit.

11:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home