Friday, March 10, 2006

3/10/2006 - Bedstuy Parade & Funeral March

Song: Bedstuy Parade & Funeral March
Artist: Mos Def
Why this song is the current jam: OK here's another MC turned whatever. (in this case singer/movie & broadway actor) Mos Def is one of my favorite rappers and it isnt really fair. He just has the coolest voice ever. Anyways, here is a track off of his newest album, which is really just a barely held together bunch of jams and stuff. But I like to see people stretching for something new. I like the groove he gets going in this song, and when he is just sing-songing, I think it works just cuz I like his voice and his musical sense so much. The bonus for Mos Def is a clip of him performing Fear Not of Man live in Detroit with his band, Black Jack Johnson (you can hear Bernie Worrell on the keyboards) My friend said that Mos Def in concert with the band was amazing. See how you like.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home