Thursday, November 10, 2005

11/10/2005 - Dirty Water

Song: Dirty Water
Artist: K-Os
Why this song is the current jam:
I really like this dude. He has a nice voice, he is actually a pretty good rapper, produces most of his own stuff, and believe it or not, he is from Canadia – Bryan Adams watch out! I hereby dedicate today’s post to Caitlin, cuz K-Os is representing her newfound hometown of T.O. I can actually listen to this album pretty much all the way through, a pretty astounding statistic for a hip-hop album. I guess though that really this and his first album kinda slide in and out of more than one genre. He really is into other stuff and that is clear and he is also able to perform other styles of music. When he sings, he can ACTUALLY sing well. Another fairly unique point. And here is one I really like. He is a pretty serious religious/spiritual dude, which is perhaps not right up my alley, but he is not annoying and super preachy. He believes what he believes, and he talks about it, but it isn’t really preaching, just expressing himself, honest but not overbearing. And if your music is good and you can sing and rap, I can listen to that. Maybe he is still a jack of all trades/master of none, but he has a lot of talent and diverse musical tastes and abilities. Score one for Canada on this one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home