Tuesday, November 08, 2005

11/8/2005 - Crosscut Saw

Song: Crosscut Saw
Artist: Albert King
Why this song is the current jam: Sorry, a little late on this one, but here it is finally. Albert King, no relation to B.B., is a blues guitar master. Now let me not pretend like I really know shit about him. But I read the bio and downloaded some music of his and it is pretty badass. He has a pretty different style than B.B. and this song just has such an amazing understated rhythm and his sound really is distinctive. (I guess he played left-handed on a right-handed guitar - aka upside down) The notes he plays are so sharp that he doesnt need that many to be kickin some serious ass. He reminds me a little bit of Sidney Bechet in that they both have this particularly sharp and strident sounds to their instruments that a lot of other people just dont have. I could shake my butt to this too, which is always a plus. Check out the album that this track is from, "Born Under a Bad Sign" for some other kick ass blues.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home