Sunday, November 27, 2005

11/27/2005 - I'm In Love

Song: I'm In Love
Artist: Wilson Pickett
Why this song is the current jam: This is not the "I'm in Love" my earlier post. I played this jam by Wilson Pickett on the last night of the US Open (I got two days behind here because I was busy at the event) when it was just Todd, Leah, Libbat, and me left. We closed the joint down with some awesome slow jams, this being one of them. I love it when a dance gets distilled to such a small amount of people with no energy left to go on except for their joy in the music and the dancing. I have to say too, that one thing I love about west coast swing events is that if you play a good ass song that is slow, they dont just fall the fuck over like most lindy hoppers. They actually dance slow, which I love because then I can play songs like this. I think the opening guitar-led intro on this track would make an amazing sample. In fact I tried my hand at making a beat out of it myself. I think the idea is good, but let me tell you, there is an art to producing music, as easy and cheesy as Puff Daddy made it appear. Without good sounds, the right levels and other subtle shit like that, you get a track that sounds like this. Anyways it was fun.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really appreciate the beat that DJ Petro (you?) made for “I’m in Love”; it is chic. The intro is very hot and sexy. For me, though, the beat feels a little too strong after Pickett’s sultry vocal comes in. Anyway, I wish I could tell you how I feel.

What makes the root beer float taste so delightful is just the original root beer and plain vanilla ice cream. There is definitely an ART to producing music whereas there is no accounting for musical taste.

Joanna

6:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home