Friday, November 18, 2005

11/18/2005 - My Father Is A Giant

Song: My Father Is A Giant
Artist: Pablo
Why this song is the current jam: This song is by my close homeboy who some of you dancers out there may recognize from his old dancing days on the Swing Craze video - a must see for any aficionado of the GAP-inspired swing dancing fad of the late 90's. That's him on the cover - what a sexy bitch. Anyways, this is one my favorite songs by him, beautiful, heartbreaking, poignant, all that good stuff. I especially love when he sings about "every kind of man that he [his father] never knew existed." This is off of his "Bitches and Machines" album. Check out more of his stuff for a really unique mix of the beautiful and the profane, stuff like his other album, Vulgar Modalities, and if you get a chance to see him live, don't miss it - he is hilarious and I think most in his element in front of a live audience, his songs kinda show their full strength there. And you thought he was just a swing dancer. Pfah! This is the kind of music that makes me realize that I dont know shit and have no idea how much good stuff is out there because there are probably other artists out there like Pablo who aren't super on the map but are very very good. If you know of any, put me on to them please. For now, enjoy the Pabster.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home