Tuesday, November 22, 2005

11/22/2005 - Watching The Wheels

Song: Watching The Wheels
Artist: John Lennon
Why this song is the current jam: This reminds me of my family. And not in any weird way aside from the fact that it was always greatly appreciated in my household as a good song and so I link it to them. Contrary to popular belief, John Lennon was not exclusively a solo artist. In fact, he was a member of a band even as early as the 60's. They were a little British band called the Beatles, you may have heard of them. In any case, I like the sort of melancholy nature of this song. I think it is kinda touching too, the idea of this guy that no one can understand why he is doing what he is doing, like it's not enough, or the wrong thing in their eyes. It really is hard I think sometimes for anybody to really understand how another person feels. It seems to me that more often, when we think we know how someone feels, we have just searched through our feelings until we found one that seemed to fit a certain set of circumstances or syptoms. Here, Lennon describes the reaction of people to a set of circumstances that they couldnt make fit in their heads, and his reaction to that. It reminds me a little bit of Bobby D. There is another guy who I will always admire for just doing his thing and being perfectly content having other people not like it or see him as a dope, or having to occaionally tell some people to go fuck themselves. In the end, I think that is probably the only way that really creative people can do what they do. Maybe that is bullshit, but, it seems true when I hear this song. So there.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love your posts. Over time they reveal who you are and let us reflect on who we are.

shermoo

10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home