Wednesday, November 23, 2005

11/23/2005 - I'm In Love

Song: I'm In Love
Artist: Evelyn "Champagne" King
Why this song is the current jam: The beat is the bomb. The track is just hot and a dance floor classic. Also if you have heard Janet Jackson's newish song on her latest album, then you have heard the beat before. Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis jacked the beat 100% wholesale on R&B Junkie. This is the kind of old school cheesy synthesized music that I can really get down to. There is something really infectious about the rhythm of the base and that weird little trill going on in the background. If people did West Coast Swing to this song and not just the Janet one, I think it would be a better world. Anyways, this is a just a good old dance jam just like the one that started this whole blog off. Back to my roots.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll see if I can slip then into my next westie dj gig. Last time I did this, I played Superfly by Curtis Mayfield and then played Tilt Ya Head Back immediately afterward. I might have to play R&B afterward to see if anyone catches it.


Kenny Nelson

12:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home