Monday, November 28, 2005

11/28/2005 - Life by the Drop

Song: Life by the Drop
Artist: Stevie Ray Vaughan
Why this song is the current jam: This is another song that I played at about 6 am Sunday night/Monday morning at the Open. Todd asked if I had any Stevie Ray Vaughan, and I said only a few songs, like "Life by the Drop" and before I could continue he was like "aaaw shit! Play that fuckin song!" So play it I did, I mean, hell, there were only 4 people in the room including me. It had never occurred to me to dance to that song before, but it turned out to be the bomb. It is soulful and rhythmic, and really different from what I normally dance to. It was awesome. Stevie Ray Vaughan knew how to make music that felt real, and he had good taste in his influences. The white peoples strike again. It just goes to show you that talent and passion are things that live inside of individual people, not big chunks of society. I think now I need to go check more of his stuff out myself, I hope you do the same.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Peetski...

I love that you put your heart and soul out there with such insight about the music of our lives.

Paboo

11:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this one..just awesome!

9:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home