Friday, December 16, 2005

12/16/2005 - So Lonely

Song: So Lonely
Artist: The Police
Why this song is the current jam: This song brings me back. I love the Police. Stuart Copeland is such a badass drummer. And their whole sound just really appeals to me. Plus they remind me of my brother, he used to listen to them a lot. This whole album kicks ass and I just love the energy of this track. I feel like 50-80% of their appeal is the fact that they steal so much from reggae, but they do good things with it. This song is bright and shiny to me even though the singer is sad. I find myself enjoying the earlier work of most bands (as most people do I think), and for me I think it is because there is a certain naivete that allows them to hurl themselves at their music 100%. That may not make sense but this is a good song.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd like to say it takes me back, but it probably takes me back about a week since I heard it last :) I listen to a classic rock station a lot (because I'm crazy behind the times? Or super cool? Not sure) I listen to internet radio a lot at work, and let me tell ya that the Power Ballad station on Iceberg Radio....that takes me back. Right back to basement dance parties in public school :) Something about Bon Jovi and Def Leppard makes me really happy on strange levels.
Ashley

9:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I looove The Police. I have their box set. It's so much easier to keep track of. Do I have a favorite song? I have too many favorite songs to list. I also have most of Sting's solo recordings. His voice is extremely soothing, and he is an awesome songwriter. You should try (if you haven't already) "All This Time - Live" It was recorded at his house. The sound quality is really good, and it's got really cool versions of old Police hits like "Roxanne" and "Don't Stand So Close to Me." I think the CD I wore out the most is " Nothing Like The Sun". I probaby had to replace it at least 3 or 4 times, before I got smart and loaded into my computer. = )

12:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home