Thursday, December 08, 2005

12/8/2005 - Think (About It)

Song: Think (About It)
Artist: Lyn Collins
Why this song is the current jam: It is the shit - that's why. I mean really, it doesnt get a lot funkier than this song. And Lyn Collins is one of the hardest female singer I have heard. She really does have a female version of James Brown thing going on, and surely not by accident. This song was produced by JB himself and its impact on music today is huge. It is one of the most sampled songs ever. Just listen to the first break, and if you grew up anytime close to when I did, you will be doing the running man (or perhaps some shame-filled attempt at it) in no time. That is because Rob Base & DJ E-Z Rock jacked the break for their seminal party jam, It Takes Two. And god bless em, because honestly that was one of the first songs that I ever danced to, so it holds a special place in my heart. I swear during the breaks of "Think (About It)" it is nigh impossible for me to imagine a band playing rather than a DJ cutting and mixing beats. They really lay down an amazing groove. And you know what else I love about this song? The name. I love names with those completely redundant parenthetical addendums. If I ever become a singer, my songs are definitely gonna have a bunch of those. "Hey Man Let's Go (to the Store)", "I Love (You {Honest})", "Oh Yeah? (Yeah!)".

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This song is hot, dude. I've been looking for the original of that sample for *ever*.

By the way, I'm loving the blog, we're getting close to being even for music sharing.

-Swifty

2:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home