Tuesday, December 13, 2005

12/13/2005 - I Cry

Song: I Cry
Artist: Anthony Hamilton
Why this song is the current jam: This is off of Anthony Hamilton's recently released but actually several years old CD Soul Life. I guess Anthony has had some serious record company woes. He kinda got screwed I think twice before getting his recent hit album Comin' Where I'm From because record companies basically pooped out or went belly up before his stuff could get released. Anyways, Anthony got put on the map big time when he sang with Nappy Roots on their song "Po' Folks" and I searched and searched for music by him, finding only one song off of a movie soundtrack. So finally his album drops, and sure enough, it is the bomb. If I could sing like any current singer, I think it would be like Anthony Hamilton. He has such a beautiful voice but it is dirty and real too. I love this song because it sounds old and new at the same time. It has the beautiful melody that sounds like an old 60's song, and then there is the beat which actually kinda bumps. And again, the voice. And, today Anthony's new album is released. I havent gotten a chance to listen to it, but I have faith that it is the bomb. I'll keep you posted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home