Wednesday, December 21, 2005

12/21/2005 - My Drawers

Song: My Drawers
Artist: The Time
Why this song is the current jam: Maybe it is just me, but I fuckin love this song. I am a sucker for anything with that old school Prince sound, and this track by the Time has that in spades. This is off of their classic Ice Cream Castles album. You've probably at least heard the big hits "The Bird" & "Jungle Love" off of it. These guys were a great band, and it makes sense that they would be. Super-producers Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis were in it and Prince wrote a ton of their stuff. A good start. And I love me some Morris Day. Anyways, I like the funk, synth, rock thing on this song. Like "If I Was Your Girlfriend" it has a hook that gets me every time. And Morris Day describes himself as this girl's "number one body-rocker" - how fuckin great is that?! I dont know what it is, but I have a deep and enduring love for that 80's near-gay gigolo shit that Prince and Morris had going on. Prince especially with his desperate, hypersexual pleading, but Morris definitely takes a page out of his book on this one. He delivers the verses with that whining, sneering emphasis that I love so much. Slap me!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

*slap slap*

dd

11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home