Sunday, December 04, 2005

12/4/2005 - Rubber Band

Song: Rubber Band
Artist: The Trammps
Why this song is the current jam: OK, today's bite was brought to you by The Game for his hit with 50, Hate It Or Love It. I found this song like I find a lot of good old soul - I heard the hip hop track, knew there was a tight sample happening in there, and searched it out to find the original track. That is so often worthwhile, and let me tell you, as a white guy who was born in 1977, there aren't a ton of good ways to get in touch with lots of the music I really like. There were only so many of these artists and songs around me growing up, and I am too young to have found a lot of this stuff by chance. Anyways, this one like so many others is really rewarding because I like it better than the hip hop track. For today's bonus extra bite, I am going to one of the classics from my high school days. This song was a disgustingly huge hit for Warren G, and I must admit that the (cassette) single for Regulate did play in my mom's car for about 3 months solid. This was one of hip hop's most egregious bites, lifting from what I can tell it's entire track minus I think one enhanced snare sound from the original by Michael McDonald, I Keep Forgettin'.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home