Friday, December 02, 2005

12/2/2005 - Hello it's Me

Song: Hello It's Me
Artist: Lou Reed & John Cale
Why this song is the current jam: This song is off of an album called Songs for Drella which is a dedication to Andy Warhol. This album is really weird, and props to my pops once again for picking it up. I spent my first few listens to this album making fun of how horrible it sounded and how weird it was. But it got to me. The album is really touching if you really listen to it. This song in particular is a sort of post-mortem fairwell and it is pretty but also really heartbreaking. Again the words mean a lot, but his voice and the sound of the music are equally touching to me. Cuz Lou Reed cant really sing for shit in a conventional sort of way, but here it seems right. This is one of those songs that if I really just sit and listen to it, it makes me cry, it is so sad. When he sings "I know it's late in coming, but it's the only way I know" I think that sums up the whole album. This song and this album makes me wanna know more about both of these artists. I hope you like.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home