Tuesday, January 17, 2006

1/17/2006 - If You Can't Say No

Song: If You Can't Say No
Artist: Lenny Kravitz
Why this song is the current jam: This song reminds me of my very first post, with that constant beep in the background which for me manages to not be annoying at all (I hope the same for you). This song has kind of a sad vibe, but I like the quietness of it, and the contrast between the verses and the chorus. I also like the way the song builds. Lenny Kravitz can be a hugely annoying poser, but I do like some of the songs he’s done. On an interesting side note, I saw some VH1 thing on Lenny and there was a time back in the day that he was just a lame Prince wanna be and he called himself Romeo Blue, I love that. Everyone they interviewed just gushed over Lenny because “he would do ANYthing to be famous, to make it man.” I love that. THIS is what people remember about him, and rather than shitting on him for it, which I would tend to do, they actually ADMIRED his painfully shallow pursuit of stardom. Ah. Maybe that is how he was able to put up with Lisa Bonet for so long. Anyways, I like this song, I think it is some of Romeo Blue’s finer work. It is certainly one of his less painfully derivative efforts and I like the hyper-artificial feel of the beat. Enjoy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home