Sunday, January 15, 2006

1/15/2006 - Save Me

Song: Save Me
Artist: Aimee Mann
Why this song is the current jam: The more I hear Aimee Mann, the more I like her. I first heard her forever ago when she was in the band the band Til Tuesday in the 80's. But she is a really good songwriter and I like the melody of this song and its sorta quiet gentle vibe. Above all though, I think it is the hook, when she pleads for someone to save her from "the ranks of the freaks who suspect they could never love anyone." Such a poignant image, those people "freaks" who dont think they can love anyone. It sounds to me like she doesnt want to get involved with any of those people and much less become one of those people herself. I get the sense though that she may have a similar suspicion as those "freaks" that she sings about - that maybe she could never love anyone either. I can feel her on that one, I think it is harder than it sounds to just go ahead and be in love with someone. And sometimes, people just dont seem that exciting on that tip. I like the hope in this song too though, it points to an exit from and growth beyond this viewpoint. Good words.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a really great song. I agree with you as well, the more I hear from Aimee Mann the more I like her. Since you liked this track you might want to check out Cat Powers another singer/song writer. I think the single I hear the most on XM is called "The Greatest"

12:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home