Monday, February 27, 2006

2/27/2006 - Lucille

Song: Lucille
Artist: Anthony Hamilton
Why this song is the current jam: Here is a little more Anthony Hamilton for you all. This is off of his album, Comin From Where I'm From, the one that put him on the map so to speak. I love his take on this song, and here is the kicker. This is Anthony's take on what was originally a Kenny Rogers song. Anthony changes it up quite a bit. He has such a soulful voice, and he sings it with such tenderness, so gently. He doesnt overdo a single moment of the song, and I think the delicate melancholy production goes perfectly with the vocals. I could do with more verse and less vamp at the end, but overall, I love the song. There are just so many things going for it. In addition to the vocals and the nice production, there is the beautiful drumming, and the subtle but crucial rhythm it lends to the whole song. The rhythm of the music and the vocals just click together perfectly, like when he sings "now my heart is broken and I don't know what to feel." Sad and beautiful, further advancing my theory that in general, on average, sad songs are better than happy ones.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home