Tuesday, February 21, 2006

2/21/2006 - Row My Boat

Song: Row My Boat
Artist: The Four Mints
Why this song is the current jam: OK here is some hot shit that you have never heard. I found this on this great compilation album on iTunes. This label called Numero has put together these compilations from old soul music labels that were never very commercially successful. I got 3 of them, and I am gonna post a sample song from each, in the hopes that some of you will be enticed enough to buy them yourselves. They are really great. This one is off of the Capsoul Label compilation. I think it is a nice and pretty song, even if the lyrics are a little silly in their simplicity, but the voices are really good and the band is absolutely blazin. Just listen to the rhythm they lay down out of the gate, and pay attention as the beat gets funkier as the song progresses, until the final verse where they bring in the banging multiple bass hits and the claps. So good. Enjoy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home