Friday, February 24, 2006

2/24/2006 - Glad and Sorry

Song: Glad and Sorry
Artist: Faces
Why this song is the current jam: So I have finally gotten more stuff by Faces (I thought the Faces, but I guess it used to be "The Small Faces" and then they dropped one dude and picked up two more and became "Faces" - check the artist link). I had heard Ooh La La off of the Rushmore soundtrack, but guess what - they have other good songs! Generally they are good and crunchy rock, nice & messy and with an appreciation for soul etc ala the Rolling Stones,...cept differ'nt. So anyways, I get the album "Ooh La La" and I find this song, which I think is awesome, even if it doesnt rock like most of their stuff. The piano is pretty and something about a bunch of dudes singing together nice and easy sounds good to me. I like the lyrics too, although they dont say anything too specific to me, maybe that is why I like them. I really like the "can you stand it in the cold light of day, neither can I" line, I guess I can make up my own meaning for it, so it works. There is something about the gentle mood of this song, the lyrics, the piano, the sloppy little guitar playing along, just the easy, almost plodding pace of the whole thing, it is tender somehow, and I like songs that can be like that without telling you so.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Peter:

One of The Faces lives in Austin (Ian McLagan), he does a free happy hour show most Thursdays. Next time you are in town, if you are interested, you can check out his show. It is over before the Fed starts.

Nathan

12:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home