Wednesday, February 22, 2006

2/22/2006 - We Have Love

Song: We Have Love
Artist: The Arrows
Why this song is the current jam: This song is from the Bandit Label compilation (again by Numero who produce some high quality stuff!). I love how this track starts out, just begging to be sampled, so spare and full of rhythm. And the vocals are tight too, if poorly recorded. This is the kind of song that reminds me how little I really know about music. I cant even find a bio for the Arrows, but this is good music. It is a good reminder to us all that good music is all over the place, and like the best of so many things, it is almost by definition not the easiest to come by. Enjoy.

1 Comments:

Blogger J.Knecht said...

Nice One!

This cut sounds like a cross between Donny Hathaway and some lo fi Studio One stuff. I swear I hear a little reggae in there. There's a great comp called "Darker Than Blue: Soul From Jamdown 1973-1980," which features Jamaican singers like Ken Boothe, Junior Murvin, and Delroy Wilson doing versions of American soul cuts. Top Notch. Especially check Freddie McGregor's version of "Get Involved" and Ken Boothe's cover of "Ain't No Sunshine."

BTW, I found this blog when I did a search for "caravan trader mos def." I don't know exactly what a caravan trader is, but apparently it's a prohibited livelihood under Buddhist teachings. Anyway. I'll be back!

12:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home