Sunday, March 12, 2006

3/12/2006 - She Lives in My Lap

Song: She Lives in My Lap
Artist: Andre 3000
Why this song is the current jam: OK so who is #1 fav rapper and #1 rapper to try and do the whole grow-as-an-artist thing? That would be Dre aka Andre 3000 of the seminal hip hop group Outkast, you know them. This fella is my favorite rapper of all time. (as evidenced previously in this post) What I really love about Andre is that he has changed so much. It is awesome to see how he grows and how so many times when I have been trying to get down with some new thing he is doing, I realize that he isnt ahead of the curve, he IS the fucking curve. Serious. Anyways, he has taken a serious nod from my favorite of favorites, the purple one on this jam. This one sounds like if "She's Always In My Hair" and "The Ballad of Dorothy Parker" had a love child. Interesting production, cool vocals, trying new shit, you have to love it. As a little bonus for this post, I am including a slightly older track off of Outkast's Stankonia album called Slum Beautiful where Andre sorta raps/sorta sings and as always provides the hook. You look at all the Outkast hits, and those super catchy super simple-but-musical hooks, that is 100% Andre my friends.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Peter,
You've got to see "Idlewild", especially the scene with this song "She Lives in My Lap"; I bet you will FEEL it.

Kudos for Andre.

Joanna

7:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home