Friday, November 11, 2005

11/11/2005 - Strings That Tie to You

Song: Strings That Tie to You
Artist: Jon Brion
Why this song is the current jam: I love this dude. He is a talented mothergrabber. He has done the score for several movies that I have enjoyed including Magnolia, I Heart Huckabees, and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. This song is off of the soundtrack for the last, and I think it is really beautiful. Brion really has a knack for catchy melodies and he plays like a zillion instruments. His sound is very distinctive and a little quirky, but still a little poppy, but not in an annoying way. With any luck I am gonna go see him play in LA in like a week. Oh, and also he co-produced Kanye West's new album - perhaps you've heard of it, it has been mildly successful. Anyways, I hope that Jon Brion does more stuff and releases it because I think he is really talented, check out some of his other stuff if you like this.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love all this various music you put up here! Tack sa mycket! Although I feel like total looser for knowing so little. I will email you soon. Just so you know. Be warned. /E

1:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home