Saturday, November 12, 2005

11/12/2005 - I'm Still In Love With You

Song: I'm Still In Love With You
Artist: Alton Ellis
Why this song is the current jam: So I mentioned Alton Ellis a while ago on my Bitty McLean post. He was a huge Reggae artist back in the day. He kinda helped transition the music into Rocksteady and then to Reggae. He has a ton of good stuff, but I decided that this would be a good song to post because it may be familiar to folks a little bit. It has been covered several times. It was a big hit for Marcia Aitken and that version was recently covered by our good friend Sean Paul on his album Dutty Rock (good shake your booty to this music). I find myself getting more and more into this kind of music, the rhythms are so heavy and the basslines are ze best around, seriously. Check out Alton's album, "Sunday Coming" for my favorite stuff of his - and let's keep in mind that I dont really know much about him beyond the AMG biography page, so there is probably tons more to find and enjoy. If you know of any good stuff like this, let me know for sure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home