Thursday, January 19, 2006

1/19/2006 - I Found a Love

Song: I Found a Love
Artist: Wilson Pickett (w/the Falcons)
Why this song is the current jam: Wilson Pickett, the Wicked Mr. Pickett, passed away today. It seems like there are fewer and fewer of the old soul masters with us. I guess we are at that time where we are just lucky to have those with us that we still have. Here is a link to Wilson's obit. I won't say a ton about him, especially since I have already posted a song of his earlier. I'll just say that he was a great talent and his vocal powers are easy to hear on this track despite the horrid recording quality. He just tears this song apart, his voice is exploding with emotion on this one. I like to hear a young Wilson in comparison to his older hits. I imagine these guys just whipping a crowd into a frenzy. I mean just listen to the way he wails the verses of this song, and then the plaintive wail of the chorus. It is killer. I cant think of many singers who have ever reached these hights of power and emotion. Imagine seeing and hearing this live! It would have been crazy, nearly too much to handle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home