Wednesday, January 04, 2006

1/4/2006 - Hurt

Song: Hurt
Artist: Johnny Cash
Why this song is the current jam: Johnny Cash is such an interesting artist. Just his voice alone is so different and compelling. Anyways, I dont know much about him really, but I was checking out some of his stuff, and I came across this song and I like it so much. It is so cool to me that Johnny was like, hey, that is a good song, I'd like to sing it. I heard him interviewed on the radio once and he was so straight-shooting, I mean really, like exactly how you think a good old all-american man would be. Anyways, this song is great, and I like the original too by the Nine Inch Nails. The pain of this song comes through so powerfully in Johnny's voice, and he really makes this song his own, like he shoots those words and that melody through his own prism. I think the best thing about this song is the insistent building towards hope that comes with the refrain, only to settle back into the "Hurt." Hope you like.

1 Comments:

Blogger Caitlin said...

I almost like it more than the original, though they seem to me to have different meanings. lets here it for the cashmeister

4:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home