Sunday, December 25, 2005

12/25/2005 - Ave Maria

Song: Ave Maria
Artist: Schubert
Why this song is the current jam: OK so I am cracking under the pressure and putting up a Christmas song. Bill O'Reilly can sleep soundly tonight. But this one is personal. This is one of my mom's perennial favorites and we play it almost every Christmas at my parent's place. It really is beautiful and again Pavarotti does this song good with that voice. This is holiday music that I can get down with. This makes me think of a warm fireplace with my family opening presents. I am a lucky mothergrabber when it comes to family stuff. One family to visit on Christmas, never went without, always got too many presents, listened to Pavarotti sing on Christmas. Remind me not to complain. Merry Christmas folks and happy holidays.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to step in here....

By all means listen to Pav...but please please please don't listen to Bocelli! He is all things bad about pretend opera singers. I beg you...don't. If it's good classical singing you want I am more than happy to provide you with good names :) But Bocelli, Sarah Brightman, Charlotte Church and the likes are going to have to be removed from this planet, if I have anything to do with it. Maybe I could compare them to the bad East Coast dancers who people think are amazing? Hmm.

Ok...I'm going to have to send you something...just not sure what yet :)

for the love of god no Bocelli!

Ashley

P.S. Sorry if this offends you kaediddy - I'm an opera singer myself and I have very strong thoughts on the pretenders to the art :)

11:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry my dear - I didn't mean to offend you (I just get carried away with my distaste for Bocelli, as you can see). I'm all for not pigeon holing yourself....opera is pretty low on the list of things I listen to, really. It's what I do, not all I am. So, that wasn't really aimed at you as much as at the world in general. Not blasting your taste in music as a whole my friend. But, if I can stop just one person from buying a Bocelli Cd....then I've done a good deed :)

Bobby McFerrin is crazy talented. He's done a lot of really interesting pieces. I subbed in with a choir last year and they were singing a piece he did. It was so subtle and simple....but very moving.
Ash

7:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home