Friday, December 30, 2005

12/30/2005 - Try a Little Tenderness (Live)

Song: Try a Little Tenderness (Live)
Artist: Otis Redding
Why this song is the current jam: OK, so it is getting close to the end of the year and I want to finish 2005 strong so lucky you all, you get extra good bonus tracks here. I present for your enjoyment my favorite version of one of my favorite songs by Otis, one of my favorite singers. The live version above is from Otis Redding: Live in Europe the LP. I grew up on this record. It is really amazing to hear Otis just kill it and get called back for an encore. Mad energy. Now there is also the completely good original studio version which everyone should have in their collection. Great, but lacking the same energy. Finally there is the live version that you will find on the re-released CD and on iTunes. This is good and all, but it not the version that used to appear on the vinyl record back in the day. I didnt have that version I grew up to on any new media like CD or mp3 so I downloaded it when it (finally) showed up on iTunes. Imagine my chagrin when the very song that I was dying to have to badly was NOT THE VERSION I WAS LOOKING FOR. Go ahead, imagine. More than that. Anyways, I was bitter, and for the record, if you want evidence, you can look up Live in Europe on iTunes and see my salty-ass review. I didnt get my money back, but I did show what a dork I am. Anyways, the point is, this is a completely bad ass song. And these are all good versions. Everyone have a great New Year's Eve. Props to Tina for playing this last night in the blues room at Rhythmic Arts.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

fuck, your live version is incredible. wow.

1:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home