Thursday, February 16, 2006

2/16/2006 - Gimme The Night (Chill Mix)

Song: Gimme The Night (Chill Mix)
Artist: Randy Crawford
Why this song is the current jam: Here is another West Coast Swing jam that I really enjoy for some reason. I know it is a little weird and muzak-y but I still like it. It is intimate, like the Goapele song, has a good feel for partner dancing. I like her voice ok too, and the hook it tight. There is something about the way that the verse rushes into that refrain "Give me the night" and then the song just steps back and pulses along until it repeats. Manu hipped me to the fact that this was a cover - which I had always kind of assumed for some reason, a certain familiarity or a certain sound about the song, I dont know - but in any case I didnt know the original well. It is by George Benson (who Crawford actually toured with) and it has a very different feeling but I really like his version as well. Check em out, see what you think.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

dude! that's the song in the Fererro Rocher commercial! Mmm...chocolate...

11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home