Tuesday, July 04, 2006

7/4/2006 - Sugar

Song: Sugar
Artist: John Starkey
Why this song is the current jam: OK, how about 1 good song every 3 months. Shit, I have gotten a little derailed on this music blog mission here, but hey, what better day to get back on track than the 4th of July? So here is a little something for anyone who ever checks this. This guy is from the Twin Cities, and he is really talented. I got to see him the other day and he has a tight little band with two female backup singers (which I think would be just great to have in general, two chicks to back me up whenever I felt like busting into song). You can tell that he has listened to a lot of D'Angelo and Prince, both of which are good things in my book. It was also really fun dancing to his music. So anyways, you can get this album on iTunes, I recommend checkin it out.

Here is a little bonus track since I feel so guilty for not posting anything for 3 months. This is from his live album, which I guess you have to buy at a show, so it may be tougher to get a hold of. This is Don't Be Afraid which is his own song, not to be confused with the Aaron Hall jammy jam from back in the day off of the Juice soundtrack by the same name.

p.s. Here is that Aaron Hall song, it is exemplary of the style of R&B/Soul in the vein of Joe Tex, that I have dubbed date-rape music. There is something about the sultry stylings here that seem to cross some sort of legal line. But when you dont listen to the words, it all works the same.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Word!

:)

S

2:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home