Wednesday, August 16, 2006

8/16/2006 - At the End of a Slow Dance

Song: At the End of a Slow Dance
Artist: Van Hunt
Why this song is the current jam: This is off of Van Hunt's new album, which I enjoy more the more I listen to it, always a good sign. This is my favorite track off of the album, sort of a Princey rock-type thing with him doing some weird David Bowie-like vocals. There is something about the weird way that he sings this and the way it goes from quiet to yearning as it goes between verse and chorus. I dig it. He is like a little bit off-key the whole time but I find myself enjoying it, and I cant explain why. It sounds kinda old to me. Maybe it is just pushing some weird nostalgic buttons inside of me. Anyways, I like the dirty sound he is using on some of the tracks off of this album, less clean, perhaps a bit funkier than his first. Good stuff, check it out.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds 80's ish to me. Which is not a bad thing at all. I like the song very much!

9:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home