Thursday, July 06, 2006

7/6/2006 - This Is Life

Song: This Is Life
Artist: Krukid
Why this song is the current jam: Hey so I met this guy through my friend Dave who met him at some camp somewhere, and this dude wanted to freestyle with my boy cuz Dave is a rapper. So they do it up, and whoa, this kid is really really good, really has a sound a lot like Jay-Z. He is originally from Uganda and now lives in Illinois, and I think he is gonna be a pretty successful rapper eventually. As far as I can tell from my completely-disconnected-from-anything-that-is- keepin-it-remotely-real-in-hip-hop-circles position, I think he is blowin up in the underground scene already. So this is his first album and really just listen to the flow. It is easy, has that feeling like he could just keep going, like he is talking to you. He also says clever shit and is even pretty poignant from time to time which is a tall fuckin order when it comes to hip hop these days. Plus I really enjoy his production. For all you heads out there, you should definitely "cop" this one as the kids say. This one gets me just because the sample is so tight. So interesting and such a long, weird sample, and his rhymes are tight too. Enjoy.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back! dd

11:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

krukid is the shit.

3:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home