Sunday, November 13, 2005

11/13/2005 - Old School Joint Remix

Song: Old School Joint (Remix)
Artist: Missy Elliott
Why this song is the current jam: The beat is hot, that's about it. I like Missy's vocals on here too, here she is showcasing her pretty tolerable singing voice. She really is a talented chick and I have heard that she is like a genius, literally. All I know is nobody knows how to start a party like Missy Elliott, and her production is so consistently bangin, it is really impressive. This is my special remix too. I stole the bongos from a Talib Queli song and pasted them onto this track, and if I do say so myself, I think it makes it a lot better. I call this my "Root Beer Float" style of production. I like Root Beer, and I like ice cream. So then I have this genius idea - what if I mix root beer and ice cream?! And what do you know, it is good! I like the Missy song - I like the bongos - and heyo! I like the remix! I am a musical genius!!! Anyways, I dedicate this to the recently married Jen, she always like this little remix, so I hope she can finally download a copy. p.s. Congrats to Matt and Jen!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Peter!

It's Jeannie from Austin - love your remix. I still have a vivid memory of you singing along to one of your earlier mixes (Feelin' on your Booty). Saw Talib Kweli on Sunday at the Black Star reunion. Mos Def cancelled last minute... so it was mos definitely not as great as I had hoped. Hope to see you sometime soon!

Love,
Jeannie

10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home