Tuesday, November 15, 2005

11/15/2005 - I Be Blowin'

Song: I Be Blowin'
Artist: De La Soul & Maceo Parker
Why this song is the current jam: This song is off of De La Soul's 3rd album, "Buhloone Mindstate" and it is a pretty diffferent sort of song than what you'll traditionally find on a hip-hop album. This is basically just a beautiful sax solo by Maceo Parker with a little instrumental track behind him. He creates a powerful mood from the get go and just plays his ass off basically for the whole track. If you dont know, Maceo played with James Brown (and Bootsy who I posted on here earlier) and is one of the best sax players around. Think of Papa's Got a Brand New Bag & Cold Sweat - that's him. For me, I think that the saxophone is maybe my favorite horn (hence my love of Lester Young) and Maceo is always kicking ass. De La Soul is of course a favorite hip hop group of many a people, myself included, and I may post some of their other stuff on here some time, but for now, I am really feeling this instrumental. This is rainy-day-in-the-city music for me, and I love it. I keep thinking of really interesting scenes to movies about my life (a life that of course would look really intriguing and sexy on screen) set to this song. In most of them I am in New York. Hope you like.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home