Wednesday, November 16, 2005

11/16/2005 - How Long Do I Have To Wait For You?

Song: How Long Do I Have To Wait For You?
Artist: Sharon Jones and the Dap-Kings
Why this song is the current jam: This song sounds like it was made 35 years ago but it is a new song, not a cover, by a new band, who can actually play, with a singer, who can actually sing. In short, it has some serious soul. This is just in case you havent heard of Sharon Jones and the Dap-Kings yet. They are a great group out of NYC and their newish album "Naturally" is really worth having. Some great new tracks including this one and a cover or two as well. Really pretty high-quality stuff, the kind I would like to see a lot more of nowadays. It is my hope that I am just not up on all the hot new stuff, so if you know of any groups that are throwin down some real soul let me know (and for god's sake dont send me a message about Joss Stone - I have indeed heard of her and she is ok and all, but just listen to this track and you will hear what I am talking about) Caitlin said she saw these guys play in Toronto and that live they are way way better so if you get a chance, check em out if they are in your town. (she even got invited to come up on stage and dance - that's my girl!) This song really showcases her voice along with the band's badass playing - just check the opening guitar riff - so hot.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes! I second that. They put on an amazing show. Go see them if you have the chance!

1:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude-

Awesome recommendation! Thanks for the tip.

Jul

11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home