Friday, January 27, 2006

1/27/2006 - 93 'Til Infinity

Song: 93 'til Infinity
Artist: Souls of Mischief
Why this song is the current jam: I'm going back a little ways on this one. Back to what is now commonly recognized as the golden era of hip hop - the early 90's. There was so much good stuff back then, and I didnt really realize it at the time. But really, take these guys for example. They are all good rappers, the whole album is hot, beats and all, and the content is so much more playful and listenable than so much of the crap today. I mean whatever happened to a little of the good ol' braggadocio? Really though, these guys tear it up and this beat is the bomb. I love the muted out bassline and the weird laser sound. This one brings me back to rolling around in my boy James's tiny Renault convertible in High School, blasting the heat with the top down in early spring. Good times.

2 Comments:

Blogger Moo said...

The best use of heat in a convertible is clearly during the middle of winter, when you have the top down in order to facilitate drive-by snowballing....

4:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"93 'til Infinity" is still one of my top ten. I love that I loive in the Bay Area and can still see Tajei or mostly anyone else in Heiroglyphics every other weekend.

12:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home