Monday, January 23, 2006

1/23/2006 - Shout

Song: Shout
Artist: Tears for Fears
Why this song is the current jam: A little Tears for Fears anyone? Come on, you HAVE to know already that this song is the bomb. I am just posting this here in case you forgot or dont have it handy. I really like this whole album but it is this song that gets me the most. I mean the production on it is just sick. The beat is really slammin and I love the way they layer everything and I love the way they create such gravity with the verses. The chorus only adds to the seriousness of the song. It rocks, but in a funky way. And, as far as I can think of off the top of my head, it is one of the only rock and roll type songs to be quoted in an Outkast song ("Drop, like tears, like for fears, 'Y'know Shout, Shout, Let it all out', just for my peers" - A. Benjamin, "Wheels of Steel") and that is cool.

2 Comments:

Blogger Caitlin said...

Word, they rule. My mom would be so happy with you! Have you ever heard their song "Mad World" that was covered by Gary Jules for Donnie Darko? His version is much better, but its such a trip to listen to theirs!

12:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude....you posted about Tears for Fears! Bwah. Get a little Queen in here and you'll officially be my hero :)
Ashley

9:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home