Sunday, February 05, 2006

2/5/2006 - Easy To Love

Song: Easy To Love
Artist: Billie Holiday
Why this song is the current jam: Here is a little old school jazz for you. Another love song, this one by Billie Holiday. I love the way this track is just so easy and light. The mood pervades this whole song, and for me, more so during the instrumental parts. I love Billie Holiday, and she has the skills to take a song that is a bit cheesy and fomulaic and make it something special. But on this track, to me, the real story is the band. They start the song off right, chill out and let the singer sing, and they bring it up when they have to, and the whole time they work together so beautifully as a unit, something that seems to have been largely lost (or at least valued a lot less now, in jazz). I love music that makes me feel a certain way without saying much. I hope you jazz-lovers out there enjoy this one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home